There was quite a bit of demolition when we started. We cleared old rotted timbers, decaying decking, and reoriented the garden flow to the patio and other spaces to open up the garden and make it flow to and from the house as an extension of the living space.
The photo above shows the old rotting decking that we removed, as well as the new pathway being set between the driveway and deck stairs and garden path.
Here are a few photos of the demolition. The rotted items above were hauled off, but the items below were salvaged and put out for upcycling. In just a few days someone reclaimed the materials for reuse!
There was a bit of heavy digging and reclaiming of space.
And, of course, for those of you who have followed me for a few years and though other properties...grass removal :)
We extended the beds in front of the house, not only to reclaim habitat but also to create a buffer zone from a busy street. You can see the faint lines that I drew using upside-down spray paint to outline new beds. We used cardboard and compost to build up the beds.
Post a Comment